Here, we present how an abstract tattoo piece is created. What is the creation process before the ink is permanently implanted beneath the skin?
Some artists have an original creative concept, in which they apply a specific protocol in order to create an original and unique piece of tattoo arts. Some artists, create tattoos based on music, dance, movements, flows and a lot of different parameters.
How, why and what is happening during the emergence of these tattoos, are the questions Blax is trying to investigate.
- Composing uniqueness with abstraction, by Tauno Ostra.Blax: Can you present yourself ? (Where do you come from, why tattooing, why abstractly ? ) My name is Tauno Ostra (cntmprryttts on Instagram, and website ) and I am a contemporary artist from Tallinn, Estonia. … Read more
- Abstract tattooing, the language of Ouri (@our__i__)My name is Ouri (@our__i__ on Instagram), I’m a tattoo artist currently based in Paris (FR) and looking to pursue my career in NYC. Blax: What is ‘abstract art’ and ‘abstract tattooing’ for you ? To … Read more
- A couple tattoo for Céline and Sandy. The creative process from Roger Estrany (@a_dos_manos).Roger Estrany (@a_dos_manos on instragram) is definitely one of my favorite abstract tattooist! I discovered his work about two years ago, and BAM! I felt in love with his compositions! “How such textures can be so … Read more
- An intimate conversation through Helen Blumenfeld Abstract artBlax: What is Abstract Art and/or Abstract Tattooing for you? Helen: I see abstract drawing as one of the most immediate connections between my heart and head at the moment in time that I do the … Read more
- An energetic tattooing connection with Lera Vazyukina.Please discover this well illustrated interview about the way Lera (@vazyukinatattooing on instagram) creates her tattoos. Blax: Can you briefly present yourself ? My name is Lera Vazyukina, I am a tattoo artist from Russia. I … Read more
- Tattoo as a ceremonial transition through pain overcoming, by Karina E.Dear all,I’m Karina (Instagram link),I’m pleased to introduce myself as a resident of Pechschwarz Tattoo Berlin. So far, I have 9 years of experience in the art of tattoo, which is not only my profession but … Read more
- The unlimited synesthetic tattoos of PleaseCoverMe.I fairly recently discovered @pleasecoverme_tattoo (instagram link). What first attracted my eyes is the well balanced composition that he creates, the balanced mix of patterns, the flow of the shapes, without being too obvious and always … Read more
- The Flow and Power brush-tattoos by @un.authorized.tattooLet’s be honest, I admire so much An’s tattoos (instagram link), I am impressed by all the pieces she creates ! (For me, at least) The flow and the nuances that arises have something beyond beauty! … Read more
- The abstract body decoration process from AmarinviI discovered Alba Mariné (@amarinvi instagram link) thanks to the nice, intuitive and simple abstract compositions that she shares on Instagram. She represents a fluid way of creation, illustrating perfectly how well-nuanced black patterns can embrace … Read more
- The abstraction creative process for personalized tattoos, by Arkhip Znakov.Arkhip Znakov WAS a tattoo artist from Kazan, in Russia.He quit tattooing, but I am keeping this page to show his vision of abstract tattooing and the way he creates art. Please read, and discover a … Read more
- The tattoo expressionism of Esteban (@esteban_ourscargot)I discovered Esteban (Instagram link) few months ago, and I was shocked by the quality and the creativity of the tattoos he creates. I am now following very closely every new piece of tattooing that he … Read more
- Abstract tattoo gallery from Andreas BlcAndreas Blc (@andreas.blc_emts on Instagram) is tattooing in Athens, in Greece, find him on the map HERE. Blax: What is your background ? Andreas: My artistic background includes two years of Fine Arts studies and also studies … Read more
- The DANCE tattoo piece from Mikulas ONAKOMikulas ONAKO (Instagram Link) is tattooing in Bratislava in Slovaquia, visible in our Tattooist map here.Mikulas created this “Dance” tattoo work based on Music, Mood and Intuition. The whole design was drawn by the drawing compass … Read more
- The OBJECTS tattoo creative concept by Heloïse FlorentHeloïse Florent (Instagram Link) is currently based in Berlin, you can find her on our tattooist map, Here. She has an original tattooing concept, in which she uses Objects to draw. I’ve been amazed by her … Read more
- Le concept tattoo FICELLES de @l_officine110Blax: Le concept Ficelles, c’est quoi ? Le lien, l’attache, la corde, le fil autant de mots qui peuvent éveiller la peur comme son contraire.Je coupe un bout de ficelle, je la trempe dans l’encre, je … Read more